Visitor Program/ Student Exchange Program
What is Visitor Program / Student Exchange Program?
Visitor Program / Student Exchange program is a program which will allow you to spend one or two semesters at universities abroad and take courses in a regular semester with credit transfer opportunity. Students are encouraged to study at universities all over the world.
What are the differences between a Visitor Program and Student Exchange Program?
Most students who choose to undertake a Student Exchange program will do so on an Exchange-basis, i.e. students study overseas at one of TEK-UP’s many partner universities for one or two semesters. There is, however, also the option of taking part in a Visitor program, meaning students study overseas at a non-partner university of their choice. Further differences between the two options are explained below:
Student Exchange Program
- Study overseas at one of TEK-UP’s partner universities which students usually entitled for tuition fees waiver depending on the available quotas
- Study overseas at a (non-partner) university of your choice which students generally need to pay tuition fees to the host university
- You apply to the host university with the assistance of TEK-UP International Office and will continue to pay your tuition fees to TEK-UP.
- Units taken at the host university are credited back toward your postgraduate degree at TEK-UP.
Application Requirements and Eligibility
- Registered as an active student at TEK-UP
- Must complete at least one-year of postgraduate study in TEK-UP
- Should demonstrate excellent academic achievements
- Possess a good command of the English Language (the minimum language requirement is B2)
- Be physically present in TEK-UP at the time of application
- Must agree to enrol at the host institution as described in the program plan
- Must agree to abide by the rules and regulations of the host institution or placement provider.
- Should demonstrate empathy and understanding of cultural difference
- Should demonstrate excellent personal skills.
- Agree to be responsible for the costs incurred. The students may seek other sources of sponsors including that provided by TEK-UP to subsidize some expenses including travel, accommodation and insurance.